F.S.R.A. / Lane Building Services Pre-Injection Sidecar Championship
Oulton Park - Saturday 28th April
Words - Dave Tibbles
Photographs - Hayden Wyatt
The F.S.R.A. Pre-Injection championship came alive with a fantastic entry of eighteen teams at Oulton Park and twenty teams entered for the following round at Mallory Park, emphasising the popularity of this growing class, which is now on the verge of filling a grid as a "stand alone" event.
Novice John Shipley jnr with Milo Ward as a last minute stand in passenger took both wins at the opening round.
This year’s championship grid is made up of all abilities from novices to old and bald (!) with an assortment of machine types - long and short chassis of all different manufacturers with lighter 600 engines, bigger heavier 1000cc + four stroke engines, and 350 to 750 two stroke engines.
1.John Shipley / Milo Ward - 1000 Ireson Yamaha
2.John / Doug Chandlers - 600 Ireson Yamaha
3.Dave Tibbles / Raitch Greenwood - FJ1200 DDR Yamaha
4.Bill / Nick Roberts - 600 Jacobs Kawasaki
5.Jody / Reece Sims - 600 Derbyshire Yamaha
6.Mark Burns / Steve Winfrow - 900 Baker Honda
7.Steve Brooks / Amanda Mills - 600 Heys Yamaha.
8. Ian Sutcliffe / Rob Bryant Jacobs 600 Jacobs Yamaha
9. Joe Heys / Marc Maier - 500 Heys Suzuki
10.Gerald / Daniel Hodgson - 600 Shelbourne Honda
11. Andy Thomas / Jo Clements - 720 M.R.E. Yamaha.
12. Marianne Walford / Karen Upton - 600 Baker Yamaha
13. Steve Alexander / Steve Woolcott - 1100 Broadstock Kawasaki
1.John Shipley / Milo Ward
2.John / Doug Chandler
3. Mark Burns / Steve Winfrow
4. Steve Brooks / Amanda Mills
5. Ian Sutcliffe / Rob Bryant
6. Dave Tibbles / Raitch Greenwood
7. Jody / Reece Sims
8. Hayley Capewell / Helen Deeley - 600 Windle Yamaha
9. Andy Thomas / Jo Clements
10.Gerald / Daniel Hodgson
11. Marianne Walford / Karen Upton
12. Steve Alexander / Steve Woolcott
Thank you to all our sponsors - Adrian Lane Building Services and Pagid Brakes and the Wirral 100 club for hosting our championship.